Email Marketing – The Powerhouse Performer
Email marketing is one of the most popular and reliable methods to engage your website’s audience and increase your profits. Check out these stats that will reinforce our prerogative.
- Emails with personalized message content received a 5% lift in open rates compared to emails with no personalization.
- There are more than 269 billion emails sent every day globally and emails will be used by 3.7 billion people by 2020.
- Analysts predict that for every $1 spent on email marketing, the return equates to $38.
- Although social media is an effective tool to increase marketing scope, people are more likely to sign up for email subscriptions than interact through social media platforms.
- MailChimp is the market leader when it comes to email marketing. It sends over 10 billion emails a month and has become a useful and effective marketing companion to some of the top businesses in the world.
- 86% of professionals prefer to use email when communicating for business purposes.
- 89% marketers said that email was their primary channel for lead generation.
The numbers speak for themselves, don’t they? They certainly prove that email marketing is one of the most effective forms in the industry. The market is huge and sending emails to target demographic groups is the most cost-effective form of marketing today.
So, How Do We Truly Define Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a way to reach consumers directly via electronic mail. Unlike spam, direct email marketing reaches those interested in your business’ area of expertise. No matter what you’re selling, it is a way to reach thousands of potential customers directly at a relatively low cost when compared to advertising or other forms of media exposure. It brings your business’ message through an attractive mix of graphics, text, and links directly to people who may have never heard of your business or considered your products, but are knowledgeable and interested in your product/service.
Email Marketing: How Important Is It Really?
Despite the rise of social media and unsolicited spam, email remains the most effective way to nurture leads and turn them into customers.
Although there are many reasons you should make email marketing one of your top priorities, here are the 5 main ones…
- Email is the #1 communication channel – Did you know that at least 91% of consumers check their email on a daily basis? That can’t be said of any other communication channel.
- You own your list – On any social media platform, your account could be suspended or deleted at any time, for any reason, without notice. However, you own your email list. No one can take those leads away from you.
- Email converts better – People who buy products marketed through email spend 138% more than those who do not receive email offers. In fact, email marketing has an ROI of 3800%. That’s huge! And if you are wondering if social media converts even better, think again: the average order value of an email is at least three times higher than that of social media.
- Light on your pockets – Emailing is an inexpensive way to advertise your company and its products and/or services compared to many other types of marketing.
- Ease of use – Emailing is also extremely easy to set up and track, making it a very accessible type of marketing for all kinds of businesses. The huge advantage of email over social media is that prospects and customers are more likely to see an email than social media. Just posting something doesn’t mean that everyone you want to see your message will see it. Your post might not even show up in your targets social media streams. However, an email will sit in the inbox until it’s read (or deleted).
Email marketing campaigns should be a part of every website’s overall growth strategy. When used correctly, they can turn in great returns at low costs, while engaging your subscribers at the same time. Simply put, Email is THE best way to make sales online.