Running An Ad Campaign On Instagram? 5 Things To Know Before You Get Started!
Instagram offers incredible opportunities for businesses of all sizes to reach their target audiences. But as more and more brands join Instagram and the feed becomes more competitive, it can be harder to stand out.
Imagine being able to reach the specific groups of Instagram users you want to connect with, engage them and convert them into customers?
Well, that’s totally possible!
In late 2015, Instagram opened up Instagram ads. Using the Facebook advertising system, marketers can reach any specific segment of Instagram’s millions of users. And with 400 million people using Instagram every day, Instagram ads have become an enticing avenue for brands looking to increase engagement (and profits, too). We’d love to help you get started and running with Instagram ads.
Why use Instagram ads?
Why are Instagram ads so popular? Here are a few reasons:
- Audience growth: Instagram is one of the fastest growing social media platforms.
- Attention: Users spend, on average, 50 minutes a day on Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger.
- Intent: A study by Instagram found that 60% of Instagram users say that they learn about products and services through Instagram, and 75% say that they take actions such as visiting sites, searching, or telling a friend after seeing an Instagram post.
- Targeting: Instagram ads use Facebook’s advertising system, which has probably the most powerful targeting ability. You can specify your target audience’s location, demographics, interests, behaviors and more. You can even target people who have bought from you or interacted with you and others like them.
- Results: According to Instagram, which looked at more than 400 campaigns globally, ad recall from Instagram ads was 2.8 times higher than Nielsen’s norms for online advertising.
All said and done, let’s take a look at 5 important things you should bear in mind when starting an Instagram ad campaign:
1.There are two types of Instagram Ads
There are two types of Instagram adverts; both will appear in the feed and story ads. Mobile feed adverts will appear in any users Instagram feeds, much like Facebook’s regular news feed adverts. They can consist of several types of formats.
Including a single image, a video, or carousel ads that use both— and they can be saved like normal posts. These adverts will let you add clickable CTAs that take users to the destination of your choice.
2.There are a number of ad formats to choose from
Instagram’s mobile feed ads aren’t limited to a single image. Your ad could include:
- A single image
- A single video
- A carousel ad, with a minimum of two images or videos that users can scroll through
- A slideshow ad, which is a looping video ad that contains up to 10 images
By having this type of flexibility for your advert you can create a very powerful impact for your potential customers.
3.Maximum video lengths are shorter than Facebook’s
Something you do have to consider when developing adverts for Instagram is that if you are developing video content, you need to consider that Instagram video length are shorter. Which means any marketing material you use needs to be adapted to this.
4.You don’t need to use hashtags
Naturally, when you post anything to Instagram you want to make sure you reach the highest audience, but when you use ads on Instagram it already inputs your audience, demographics and interests so you don’t need to worry about hashtags.
5.High engagement means Instagram ads are worth the cost
Though Instagram adverts may cost more than other platforms, the high engagements make it worthwhile. Instagram organic content consistently has some of the highest engagement rates. This is something to consider when aligning your advertising budget.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you check out some of our other blogs on various social media marketing elements. Also, make sure you keep up with us on social media, also if you have any more questions you can reach out to us in the comment section below.